Through the COE Lens: How We Celebrated Pride Month 2021By: Pasquale Gatti | July 1st, 2021
We continued our recognition of LGBTQ Pride Month last week with a company-wide presentation and discussion led by our Diversity Committee that shed light on the history of this month-long celebration, upcoming and past events, and what employees can do to provide support for friends and family.
The event concluded with an open forum to ask questions and discuss Pride-related topics.
In addition, we held a live watch party for the NYC Pride March last week. But enough about us. Here’s how YOU can help the cause:
- Attend a virtual event and share your support on social media
- Educate yourself on the history of the LGBTQ+ rights movement
- Watch one of the Netflix LGBTQ+ documentaries
- Watch one of the 20 Best LGBTQ+ documentaries and movies on Amazon Prime
- Learn about these 26 LGBTQ+ activists
- Share your favorites with others
- Talk to your children about Pride month or check out PFLAG to learn how you can support LGBTQ+ friends and family members
- Support businesses that support the LGBTQ+ community
- Donate or volunteer at LGBTQ+ organizations: Trevor Project, The LGBT Center of New York City, Callen Lorde, Audre Lorde Project
- Know the NYC LGBTQIA+ Resources available in New York & beyond
Want to learn more? Click here to read about the Stonewall riots and the history of the NYC Pride March.
CoEnterprise is a proud equal opportunity employer and we’re redefining how companies do business by equipping people with the resources to make smarter, better-informed decisions. We’re always looking for dynamic individuals to join our growing team. Click here to view our current openings.
Subscribe to our resources!
Sign up to receive our latest eBooks, webinars, blog posts, newsletter, event invitations, and much more.